Does it really matter what time to post on Social Media? Is one of the most old-aged and frequently asked questions, and many others believe that there is no such thing. But In fact, there is such a thing. According to scientific research published by the journal of consumer research, time really matters when it comes to social media posting.
The study was conducted just on Twitter, however the results may provide useful recommendations for applicability in other channels like email or Instagram. According to the study, social media material may be categorized in two ways:
- "Virtue": Additional instructional information such as financial reports, marketing trends, and company insights.
- "Vice": Entertainment-related stuff such as memes, sports, travel, and celebrities.
And, according to research, Virtue material is more likely to have higher interaction in the morning, and Vice content does better in the evening. A similar thing happens on weekends when most individuals are less tied to work.
Now you might be thinking why does this happen? The simple answer can be because of our concentration.
As we have a bunch of stuff to do from morning till evening we will be exhausted and our brain would no longer be interested in seeing or understanding stuff like “virtue”. As a result, it will be easier to read, grasp, and be enticed to more difficult things in the morning. This helps us a better understanding of why vice content has more engagement than virtue content.
And there was another research done by Hootsuite on what times to post on social media (different platforms).
During their study, they studied over 30000 social media postings to see whether particular days and hours receive more engagement than others. This study was conducted across all social media sites, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Tiktok. And the results were fantastic. Just look at the findings below.
They discovered that the optimum times to publish on social media are 10:00 a.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays, is considered to be the optimum time to post on Facebook.
- 11:00 AM on Wednesdays is the optimum time to post on Instagram.
- 8:00 AM on Mondays and Thursdays, the optimum time to post on Twitter.
- 9:00 AM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, is considered to be the best time to post on LinkedIn.
- Thursdays around 7:00 PM are the ideal times to post on TikTok.
And being clear, as there was much research done on the best time to post on social media, there are no exact results to be mentioned as each came up with different results. But still we can have a detailed look at what times are the best to post on various social media platforms.
Facebook - Let's explore when is the optimum time to publish on this well-known platform.
- Best Time to post: 9:00 AM the peak time, when people leave for their workstations, and then 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM the next peak time (break or lunchtime)
- And it is also suggested that 8:00 PM is the best time on Thursday. Posting on Weekends mainly on Sundays can be considered the worst day to post.
Facebook remains the most popular channel for marketers globally, but there has been an intriguing shift in when the greatest engagement occurs in 2022. While mid-mornings used to be more dominant, it now appears that early morning hours have grabbed the lead.
Several of these research may help marketers get started properly. However, practically every research finds a unique 'best time to post,' and in actuality, the optimal time to publish is determined by a variety of criteria unique to each business: What is your industry? Where is your target audience located? When do they go online? Are you paying for your post?
Instagram - Let's explore when's the best time to post on this popular platform.
- Best Time to Post: 11:00 AM on Mondays, 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM on Thursdays and Fridays are considered to be the peak times to post on Instagram.
- And coming the worst days, as mentioned “Weekends, mainly posting on Sundays is the worst time”.
Instagram continues to be a medium for a brand, product, or service discovery. And new or expanded e-commerce capabilities are influencing how users interact with the app. 44% of app users purchase things on a weekly basis. Because the platform is based on sharing high-quality photographs, it makes sense to add shopping features to the app.
However, since Instagram is just where its target audience is, brands should not ignore it. Using infographics, highlight items or exhibit your brand's distinct design. When sharing varied material on Instagram, there are several ways to engage followers.
Twitter - The best time to post on this Micro-Blogging Site
- Best Time to Post: 9:00 AM on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays are considered to be the best times to post on Twitter.
- And as usual, Sundays are the worst days to post on Twitter
Twitter's peak engagement periods have moved dramatically since last year, becoming much more focused throughout the week's middays and mornings. This might indicate a higher focus on breaking news and updates, as well as a need for fun through viral Tweets and memes.
LinkedIn - The best time to post on this popular channel
- Best Time to Post: 10:00 AM to noon on Tuesdays is considered to be the best time for posting on social media.
- And coming to the worst days, weekends are considered to be the worst day to post on Social Media.
While LinkedIn remains more specialized than other social sites, it is also diversifying the sorts of audiences it draws. LinkedIn is becoming equally important for a wide spectrum of content production, with over 810 million users in 200 countries. Businesses on LinkedIn are discovering new methods to generate leads, identify co-marketing partners, promote business culture, and recruit talent, to name a few. LinkedIn is also an excellent platform for employee advocacy and enabling employees to promote their brand or professional growth by publishing material to their profiles.
So now you know what to post and when to post on social media. Why late just be prepared and let your posts get more engaged. We at Intellasphere, always aim to get more leads and engagement for the posts we do on social media. You can rely on us to assist your company go online while also being extraordinarily innovative. We assist organizations in increasing leads and brand recognition by reevaluating and enhancing their digital presence. All you need to do is just click here to begin your journey with Intellasphere.